Student MacBooks must meet the following minimum requirements for both hardware and software:
• MacBook must be less than three years old
• Operating System (OS): Mac OSX.12 Sierra or Mac OS X.11 El Capitan
• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or better (1.6 GHz or higher)
• Memory (RAM): 4 GB or more
• Hard Drive: 250 GB minimum; more for media files
• Camera and Microphone: Built-in
• Warranty/Maintenance: AppleCare
• Battery must be able to provide power to the MacBook for at least 4 hours.
• Charger for re-charging low battery.
• Hard case cover and/or padded MacBook case for transport and additional protection beyond a backpack.
* Please note that our requirements are below those of some area high schools. If you are purchasing a MacBook with the intent of having your child continue with the device into high school, consider visiting the high school’s website to learn about that school’s device requirements.